Garlic is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Many people around the world use it to make all kinds of dishes and salads, but – you should know that the best way to consume garlic is to eat it raw. So, regular consumption of garlic will significantly reduce the blood pressure levels, prevent cardiovascular and heart diseases. It will also improve the function of your bladder and it will help you cleanse and improve the function of the liver. Well, eating raw garlic on empty stomach can also treat many stomach problems, including diarrhea. A recent study has confirmed that garlic can also help you with some nerve problems, but only if it’s consumed on empty stomach.We can easily say that garlic is one of the most effective and most powerful natural agents used in the alternative medicine. Garlic has the ability to cleanse the entire body from the harmful parasites, worms, prevent diabetes, depression, typhus, and even cancer. And many medical experts have confirmed these findings.
Some people are allergic to garlic and they shouldn’t eat it raw. They will experience symptoms such as high body temperature or headache. If you are experiencing these types of symptoms after you eat raw garlic, they you should stop consuming it immediately.
People also use garlic for treating respiratory tract problems. Garlic is extremely useful and beneficial for that and it can successfully prevent and cure many other diseases, such as: tuberculosis, asthma, pneumonia, catarrh, bronchitis, chronic bronchial catarrh, lung congestion and cough. If you want to get the best results, you need to consume it raw or lightly roasted in the oven.
As we said, the best way to consume garlic is raw. Because garlic’s active ingredient – allicin, is denaturalized by heat. So, here’s what you need to do – if you want to get the best results, you need to crush and chop the garlic and leave it for 15 minutes before you eat it. If you crush the garlic and leave it for 10-15 minutes, it will activate a chemical reaction, which will make allicin more bioavailable. And now you probably wonder why you should eat garlic on empty stomach, right? Well, it’s because when your stomach is “filled” with food, it can be harder for your body to process and absorb all the nutrients the food has to offer.
This is a good way to mix raw garlic with some honey. Here’s what you need to do – just take 2-3 cloves of garlic and chop them into small pieces. Then, you need to add 1 tbs. of honey and mix them well. You need to consume this mixture every day. You will notice that just after one week you will feel more energized and refreshed.
How to make a garlic flu tonic?
Note: make sure you wear gloves (if you have sensitive skin) when you make this remedy. And don’t rub your eyes, because some of these natural oils can cause a skin rash or burn. This recipe is very simple and easy to make. Just follow the simple instructions. Here’s what you need to do:
½ yellow onion (roughly chopped)
5 cloves of garlic (roughly chopped)
2 red chili peppers (roughly chopped)
1 tbs. of ginger (roughly chopped)
Juice of 1 lemon
Apple cider vinegar (make sure it’s organic, unfiltered and raw)
Here’s what you need to do – you need to get a 500 ml glass jar and fill it with the roughly chopped onion. Then, you need to add the garlic. Now, you need to add the red chili peppers. Now, carefully put the chopped ginger on top. You need to squeeze the lemon juice in a different bowl, take out the seeds and pour the lemon juice in the mixture. And finally, you need to fill the jar with the organic apple cider vinegar, leaving about 1 cm of room at top. Close the jar and store it in a cold and dark place. Your cold, flu and sore-throat tonic is ready to use. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. Thank You.
While the extra load caused by running has long been a concern, especially for bigger guys who are pounding the pavement, it has never been shown to increase the risk of knee osteoarthritis—the irreversible wearing away of the knee cartilage—for runners, says Ross Miller, Ph.D. and study author.
The studies show that regular runners actually experience less long-term damage to their knee joints than non-runners. Even though running generates more force (and burden on your knees) than walking, you pound the pavement less frequently when running because your strides are longer. So, as long as your knees are healthy to begin with, running doesn’t significantly increase your chances of developing arthritis.
In fact, regular runners actually experienced less knee pain over time. This is partially because running keeps you super fit (meaning you are likely to carry less excess weight). And a regular running regimen typically leads to better overall muscle strength.
Rashers of bacon and ham are on the list of processed meats now thought to be as carcinogenic as tobacco.
The shock findings come from a report by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
It is expected to list processed meat as a cancer-causing substance, while fresh red meat is also expected to be regarded as bad for health, it is reported in the Daily Mail.
The classifications, by the WHO’s International Agency for Research on Cancer, are believed to regard processed meat as “carcinogenic to humans”, the highest of five possible rankings, shared with alcohol, asbestos, arsenic and cigarettes.
The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) has warned for several years that there is “strong evidence” that consuming a lot of red meat can cause bowel cancer.
It also says there is “strong evidence” that processed meats – even in smaller quantities – increase cancer risk.
One possible reason is that the compound that gives red meat its colour, haem, may damage the lining of the bowel.
In addition, when meat is preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or by adding preservatives, cancer-causing substances (carcinogens) can be formed.
Studies also show that people who eat a lot of red meat tend to eat fewer plant-based foods that protect against cancer.
The WCRF advises that people can reduce their bowel cancer risk by eating no more than 500g (cooked weight) per week of red meat, such as beef, pork and lamb.
It also says people should eat processed meats such as ham, bacon and salami as little as possible.
Foods like hamburgers, minced beef, pork chops and roast lamb are also regarded as red meat.
As a rough guide, the WCRF says 500g of cooked red meat is the same as 700g of raw red meat.
Processed meat is meat which has been preserved by smoking, curing or salting, or by the addition of preservatives.
Examples include ham, bacon, pastrami and salami, as well as hot dogs and some sausages.
The healthy cooking methods described here best capture the flavor and retain the nutrients in foods without adding excessive amounts of fat or salt. Use them often to prepare your favorite dishes.
Besides breads and desserts, you can bake seafood, poultry, lean meat, vegetables and fruits. For baking, place food in a pan or dish surrounded by the hot, dry air of your oven. You may cook the food covered or uncovered. Baking generally doesn’t require that you add fat to the food.
Braising involves browning (searing) the ingredient first in a pan on top of the stove, and then slowly cooking it partially covered with a small quantity of liquid, such as water or broth. In some recipes, the cooking liquid is used afterward to form a flavorful, nutrient-rich sauce.
3. Broiling and grilling
Both broiling and grilling expose food to direct heat. To grill outdoors, place the food on a grill rack above a bed of charcoal embers or gas-heated rocks. If you have an indoor grill, follow the manufacturer’s directions. For smaller items, such as chopped vegetables, use foil or a long-handled grill basket to prevent pieces from slipping through the rack. To broil, place food on a broiler rack below a heat element. Both methods allow fat to drip away from the food.
To poach foods, gently simmer ingredients in water or a flavorful liquid, such as broth, vinegar or wine, until they’re cooked through and tender. The food retains its shape during cooking. For stove-top poaching, choose a covered pan that best fits the size and shape of the food so that you need a minimal amount of liquid.
Cucumbers are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and known to be one of the best foods for your body’s overall health, often referred to as a superfood. Cucumbers are often sprayed with pesticides so it is important to buy organic or even better, grow them yourself.
1. Home care – Eliminates a foggy mirror. Before taking a shower, rub a cucumber slice along a mirror and it will eliminate the mirror fogging up. Instead of WD40, take a cucumber slice and rub it along a squeaky hinge and your door will stop squeaking.
2. Relieves bad breath – Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
3. Hangover cure – To avoid a morning hangover or headache; eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish many essential nutrients, reducing the intensity of both hangover and headache.
4. Aids in weight loss and digestion – Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who are looking for weight loss. The high water content and dietary fiber in cucumbers are very effective in ridding the body of toxins from the digestive system, aiding digestion. Daily consumption of cucumbers can be regarded as a remedy for chronic constipation.
5. Cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure – Cucumber juice contains a hormone which is needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin which has been found to be beneficial to diabetic patients. Researchers found that a compound called sterols in cucumbers may help reduce cholesterol levels. Cucumbers contain a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber. These work effectively for regulating blood pressure. This makes cucumbers good for treating both low blood pressure and high blood pressure.
6. Promotes joint health, relieves gout and arthritis pain -Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which is known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues. They are also rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C & D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. When mixed with carrot juice, they can relieve gout and arthritis pain by lowering the uric acid levels
7.Quick pick me-up – Cucumbers are a good source of B vitamins. Put down your sodas and coffee and eat a cucumber slice.
8. Rehydrates body and replenishes daily vitamins – Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins. Cucumbers have most of the vitamins the body needs in a single day. Don’t forget to leave the skin on because the skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10 percent of the daily-recommended allowance.
9. Skin and hair care – If you don’t like to eat the skin, it can be used for skin irritations and sunburns as aloe would be used. Place a slice over puffy eyes and its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce puffiness. The silicon and sulfur in cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth.
10. Fight cancers – Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol. These three lignans have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer and prostate cancer.
Metabolism Boosting Coconut Oil Coffee. Add 1-2 teaspoons of this mixture to your morning coffee to burn a ton of calories. Coconut Oil, unlike most oil, contains medium-chain fatty acids, instead of long-chain fatty acids.
3 Reasons To Add Coconut Oil To Your Coffee
1. Coconut Oil Increases Your Energy
As I mentioned above, coconut oil gives you energy! How does this work? Well, coconut oil is made up of MCTs (Medium Chain Triglycerides). MCTs are more rapidly absorbed by the body and are quickly metabolized as fuel (not stored as fat).
2. Coconut Oil Speeds Up The Metabolism
When you eat MTCs (like in coconut oil) this results in accelerated metabolic conversion! That is, instead of being stored as fat, the calories contained in MCTs are very efficiently converted into fuel for immediate use by the body.
According to this study, researchers assembled 40 female volunteers between the ages of 20 and 40 who suffered from abdominal obesity. Over a 12-week period, the women were given a daily dietary supplement comprising of 30 milliliters of either soybean oil or coconut oil. At the end of the 12-week study, the researchers found that the women who were given the coconut oil experienced a significant reduction in both BMI and waist circumference, as well as an increase in “good” HDL cholesterol. These results were not found in the group that was given soybean oil. “It appears that dietetic supplementation with coconut oil does not cause dyslipidemia and seems to promote a reduction in abdominal obesity,”.
3. Coconut Oil Boosts The Immune System
Almost 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is Lauric Acid (aka the super healthy fats found in human breast milk). Lauric acid is potent in antimicrobial properties. According to WebMD lauric acid is used for treating, “viral infections including influenza (the flu); swine flu; avian flu; the common cold; fever blisters, cold sores, and genital herpes caused by herpes simplex virus (HSV); genital warts caused by human papillomavirus (HPV); and HIV/AIDS. It is also used for preventing the transmission of HIV from mothers to children.”
Now that you know how amazing coconut oil is for your health let me show you how to make it taste fabulous in your coffee! Coconut oil coffee is amazingly delicious!
According to a new guidelines published by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the best way to lose weight is not to talk about weight at all. This is the first official endorsment while lots of experts agreed that focusing on healthy lifestyle choices instead of numbers on the scale is a consistently more healthy way to approach a healthy body. One of the ways we can sabotage our health and happiness is by engaging in weight talk. Weight talk defines as anytime you or someone in your family discusses their weight or someone else’s.
The guidelines say that even well intended comments can be perceived as hurtful by the child or adolescent. Parents who had conversations about weight had adolescents who were more likely to engage in dieting, unhealthy weight control begaviors and binge eating. Also if the focus of the conversation was only on healtfyl eating begaviors, overweight adolescents were less likely to diet and to use unhealthy weight control begaviors.